When you step on a traditional scale and see that you’ve lost 2 pounds, what did you really lose? Was it 2 pounds of fat? Muscles? Or are you just dehydrated and losing water weight?
Here at Fit To Be Healthy we take the guessing out of the equation. We have access to one of the best Body Composition Testing technologies, designed to give you accurate and precise descriptions of your body and your progress. This technology differentiates between fat, protein and body water to give you an accurate snapshot of your health.
Perhaps the most important number this technology gives you is your BMR. (Basal Metabolic Rate). This number is the key to unlocking your ability to shed unwanted fat as your BMR drives how many calories a day you need to intake to reach your goal. Too few calories and your body eats muscle and stores fat. And too many calories and you store fat.
Testing are suggested every 4 to 8 will help you track your goals and monitor changes in your body. Not only does this method track your progress, but it is also a great way to hold you accountable for what you do outside of your studio training (i.e: diet, resting, managing stress levels). Appointments will take 10 to 15 minutes in total and can be booked online or at studio.
Package of 4
Package of 8
To get the most accurate results for your body composition testing, please make sure to follow these guidelines:
- Ensure you are well hydrated.
- Refrain from eating or drinking 3-4 hours prior (water is permitted).
- Do not drink alcohol or consume caffeine 12 hours prior.
- Do not participate in any excessive physical activity 24 hours prior.
- Wear comfortable loose clothing
- Subsequent testing should be carried out under similar conditions. (i.e. similar clothing, testing time, before eating or exercising etc.)
- Please note we cannot do the test if you are menstruating. The result will not be accurate. If that is the case, no problem at all! Just let us know and we could reschedule it for you.
Please note anyone who has an implantable electrical device such as Pacemaker, Defibrillator, Nerve Stimulator, or women within the first twelve weeks of pregnancy is recommended not to use the device.